Outstanding teaching is an integral part of Mason’s mission and is deserving of significant recognition. The Teaching Excellence Awards are both institutional recognition and a monetary acknowledgement of the significant work that faculty members devote to course planning and preparation; curriculum development; and innovative teaching, advising, and undergraduate and graduate mentoring. We urge you to take this opportunity to recognize teaching excellence at Mason; please nominate someone you view as an outstanding educator for this honor.
We are pleased to announce the 2015 George Mason University Teaching Excellence Awards. These awards are open to all faculty members with at least 3 years of teaching experience at George Mason. In addition, Mason offers a Teaching Excellence Award for special recognition in General Education and in Teaching with Technology. Nominees for the General Education award should have taught general education courses at least three of the last six years. Nominations from students, faculty members, or administrators are welcome.
If you have questions or would like further information, please contact the Center for Teaching and Faculty Excellence.
Nomination Deadline: Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Method: Nominations can be brief. Please write 2-3 paragraphs explaining why you believe this person should be considered for a teaching award.
Send Nominations to: The Center for Teaching and Faculty Excellence at email@example.com.
Submissions will be evaluated according to the following guidelines:
The Selection Process:
- Nominations will be accepted through Tuesday, October 14, 2014.
- Nominees will provide a 5-page teaching vita and a 5-page teaching statement to the Center for Teaching and Faculty Excellence by Monday, November 10, 2014. (Electronic format, please).
- The Committee will select and announce finalists in mid-December 2014.
- Finalists will provide a detailed teaching portfolio by Monday, February 9, 2015.
- The Teaching Excellence Award winners will be selected by the end of March 2015.
- A ceremony will honor the 2015 Teaching Excellence Award winners on April 13, 2015. Winners receive a $3000 stipend (subject to taxes).